Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day - Bronx Zoo

Well, for Mother's Day, I decided to use my Mother's Day gift (a zoo membership) by taking us all to the zoo! Something we'd all enjoy - Gregg, me and Emma!

We took the Express Bus from Manhattan to the Bronx Zoo and from there on out it was pure fun.

I can't really say what Emma liked the best. This is her second trip to the Bronx Zoo. But many of the things we didn't see the first time go round because the zoo is so big you just can't do everything in one day.

We all enjoyed the monorail that went around part of the zoo. In fact, it's the only way to see the elephants. Which Emma of course loved.



The other highlight was the gorilla exhibit. There was even an new baby in the exhibit. The mother brought her down to show all the visitors. She was so proud. Emma and I loved sitting watching all the gorillas.

And lastly, we were on a mad hunt for Giraffes. "Where Giraffes," she kept saying until finally we found four, as Emma pointed out, in the field. Which was correct. But I think it was really pure dumb luck.

All in all, it was the perfect way to spend Mother's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home